welcome...

Friday, January 27, 2012

BLAC-ican Cuisine


I am trying to introduce myself to a few different types of cultures...that of a Texan, and that of a (healthy) wife.  

Coming from Detroit where I lived alone, I did what I want, when I wanted...I ate alone and art any restaurant I wanted. Now with a combined budget a little added responsibility of an extra mouth to feed, I am exploring options in the kitchen. ... I have fallen in love with Mexican food ... here are some of my exploratory lunches from the last week or so.
Chicken Tortilla Soup

Talapia Tacos w/ Fresh Avocado Lime Salsa

Salmon Salad and Orange Chicken

My Juice Diet .. This is a GIANT bowl of Fruit and Veggies

I know it's upside down ... steak bites, super salad, shrimp/mango salad


Steak Sandwich, Sweet Potato Fries and Coleslaw
There's everything from talapia tacos, chicken tortilla soup, steak bites, salmon salad, homemade veggie juice, sweet potato fries, coleslaw, orange chicken and shrimp salsa.

If you want any of my recipes let me know...they were all delicious.  Just ask @igboswag.

1 comment:

  1. My family has been in Texas for 9 generations. The combination of black and mexican ingredients, recipes, and flavor profiles is what we call "soul food". Whenever I eat soul food from black people from other parts of the south, I just want to say have you tried putting some cheddar cheese and jalepenos in that cornbread and enchiladas is black food when my mama make and we always have tamales at Christmas, where you from. LOL.

    ReplyDelete