welcome...

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Gadgets, Gigs and Growth: #EntrepreneursLife

As an entrepreneur I am far too familiar with finding or developing shortcuts, great deals and new projects.  Aside from playing every single role in my business, from promoting to bookkeeping to sales, being open to suggestions and doing research on key tools is a never ending task.

If you are just starting out as an entrepreneur, or if you are a weathered industry member I have compiled a few important and useful sites, products or services that hopefully will interest you.

1.)  Elance.com - 
Build Your Team
Click Here to Visit Elance.com and GET TO WORK!
When I first set off doing freelance copywriting and public relations I only found clients through recommendation (word-of-mouth) ... but then I ran into issues of the infamous "hook up".  I am not  in the business of "hooking-up" (I call it working for free) my friends' friends, so other than clearly stating to whomever I work with that I do this for a living and therefore stand to get paid my entire fee, I found Elance.com.

This site allows you to post, search and apply for freelance/contracting gigs.  It's completely free to use and they make precautions to ensure that you get paid.  The Elance University option helps you declare your skills, that means, you don't have to go threw that "training period" of "let me see what you can do, then I'll pay you."  .. Best part of it, IT'S FREE!
Looking for work? Sign up for a provider membership on Elance and find great clients today!

2.) Caseable.com
I belong to the Coffee Shop Career Group here in San Antonio ... My neighborhood shop, The Foundry on McCoullough, is my favorite place to get work done, meet new people and drink endless cups of caffeine.  I also use this place to see what's new when it comes to cool entrepreneur toys.  And in 2012 having the perfect statement case is all the rave.  Caseable.com is a cool site whereas you can create a purchase customized iPad, smartphone, and even journal cases.  I just ordered mine (post coming soon), and I am sure that my clients would get a kick out of the classic corporate yet funky design I've chosen.  Are you focused on building a recognizable brand? You can even upload your personal logo to your case.  Do you have an entrepreneur friend with a birthday coming up, these make perfect custom gifts.

3.) Car Mount
Gone are the days where you could even hold your phone in your hand while driving.  
Which is weird because I need Google Navigator whenever I go anywhere (being/getting lost is not cool and can get really expensive).   So, I went out and nerded up the Mazda with a shiney new, ultra necessary, car mount for the brand new Samsung Galaxy SII my hubby got me for Christmas.  These also help if you are tired of losing your found to that irritating crevice between the seats (of the car...lol).  It keeps my phone (and iPod) in my line of vision so I can see maps, easily hit the speakerphone option (I have an '04, so I'm not privy to "sync technology") and listen for directions without having to hold my phone.  You can get a really good car mount at Sears.com. And they are easy to install.

4.) Looking Good, Feeling Good
Everybody knows you do better when you feel better and you feel better when you look good.  But as entrepreneurs we know that looking good is a task when you're on a strict budget.  
Hince, one of everyone's favorite stores, TARGET!!! I love me some Tar-jay...and with all of the new clothing designers infiltrating the stores shelves, I can't wait to see what they come up with next.  From long flowy maxi dresses, to gladiator sandals, to a perfect blazer .. and you know what, even their heels are cute and comfortable.  The new Jason Wu line is amazing as well.

For my readers, THIS WEEK ONLY, Target is offering 25% OFF ALL CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES .. the site is already boasting 15% savings when you spend more than $125.

This summer I am going to live in dresses.  I love a good summer dress that I can throw a blazer over.  And for the fellas, think fitted (not skinny!!) jeans, colorful socks and manly accessories.

24850_Shop Now at Target.com! 
5.) Putting On Your (businesses) Face!
Every small business these days, whether social, retail, product or service based is creating their "brand" .. This week I was able to moderate a conversation via Twitter (follow my business @BethanyEastPR).  The Twitter chat was centered around morality and branding!!
First thing to do when determining and promoting your brands direction is your logo.  MycroBurst.com offers some great options and inexpensive deals on logos for businesses.  They also have a Money Back Guarantee!!





And my friends over at Hewlett-Packard have created some wonderful options for business owners as well .. I am just diving into what they have to offer by I'd love to hear what you have to say about my practical list for entrepreneurs.
ttyl!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment